Thursday, February 11, 2016

Thrifted Thursday // Art Deco Bar Cart

artdeco_barcart
Brooke Inabnett Interiors
 *** I'll be taking a break next week so we can get in a little family vacation. We're heading to Florida; apparently, it's in the 50s this week so fingers crossed that things warm up because I am  desperate for some sun & relaxation after a week of our entire family being sick! I'll be posting about our little adventure on my Instagram account if you feel like checking in!  I'll be back to my normal T-Th schedule on Feb. 23rd; I've got some great posts planned that I can't wait to share!***

Bar carts are pretty ubiquitous these days (I've certainly highlighted them before)  and you'll see them showcased in every possible space: bathrooms, kitchens, dens and even bedrooms. It's no surprise really; they've got great presence without feeling overwhelming, they incorporate the ever-important mix of materials and their shelves provide ample opportunity for their owner's treasures. Almost every large-scale home goods retailer has an option (I'm still a big fan of this affordable option)  but if you want to stand out from the crowd, you need to find a cart with a unique silhouette. The one in the picture above is a perfect example; its' curves are incredibly sexy: a little Deco, a little glam and a whole lot of va-va-va-voom. But those characteristics usually come at a hefty price tag so I was thrilled when I stumbled upon the top image's close cousin listed at a very affordable $60! Yes, it needs a little attention and some good old elbow grease (my own bar cart sports the "mix of silver and brass"and I love the way it looks) but with a little time and care, it could be a real showstopper in your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment