Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Currently Coveting // Oversized Round Mirrors

amberinteriors_mirror
Amber Interiors
If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you'll already know how much I admire the work of designer Amber Lewis. Her spaces are quintessentially California cool --  they're bright, clean, modern, aged, warm and inviting; a mix that is especially difficult to execute well. The shot above is a favorite of mine; the play on scale, light and geometry is just so, so good. And it's due in large part to that mirror; good god that thing is a showstopper! As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to track down something similar (you don't even want to know what this exact version costs) so imagine my disappointment when I couldn't find anything for less than $1400. Womp, womp.  But then last week these popped up while I was searching for something else:

This one is smaller at a 43" diameter...


Junius-Round-Mirror-13887


... but it has some serious get up and go. And at $363 (with free shipping!), it provides a whole lotta bang for the buck (I actually prefer it to this $1440 Arteriors version).

If you want something even more modern, this one...

westelmmirror

is another great option. It's pricier at $499 (plus $50 for shipping) but it's a full 4'-0" and those additional 5 inches will definitely increase the impact.

2 comments:

  1. Just ordered the first one for next to my front door...think it will really open the space. Thank you for the nudge to do this! How about a post on coffee tables next? Hmmm?? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay; so glad you got one! And duly noted; you're not the first one to request another round of coffee table options. Hopefully coming your way in the next couple of weeks...xx

    ReplyDelete