Thursday, January 7, 2016

Thrifted Thursday // Rustic Chic

I'm going to let you in on a trade secret: if you want a space to feel more "collected" and less "I bought this as a set", you need to interweave textures. There's nothing more visually powerful than a mix of nubby and soft, rough and smooth, light and dark, wood and metal. And, when carefully gathered so that each piece works off each other, it's a fail-proof way to create a beautifully-synthesized space.

One of the easiest ways to add texture is through aged wood furniture because the mix of light and dark, rough and smooth exists in a single entity. And pine pieces that have been stripped and waxed are especially valuable tools. So without further ado, here's a round-up of my favorite rustic wood/antique pine pieces from around the Boston area...

thriftedthursday_rusticchic

1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9.*


* I'm more than a little taken with this sideboard. I think it would look insanely cool on a screened porch; just imagine it next spring/summer topped with a gorgeous lucite tray holding beer, wine & the makings of a Pimm's Cup.  I mean ... right???


No comments:

Post a Comment