Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Ten Things to Save Your Sanity This Winter

keepawaythewinterblues


Reading posts from friends in DC and NYC this week is giving me awful flashbacks to the hell that was last winter here in Boston. So I'm doing everything in my power to avoid getting the winter blues: trying to avoid looking like a schlub every day, working out, pampering my body, buying pretty bits for our home and myself, etc. Here's what I'm using to keep up my spirits:


1.) This stuff is a miracle in a bottle. You can read more about it (and how I use it) here.

2.) I used this early last spring (you can read about it here) and it was awesomely-weird. Incredibly fascinating and disgusting process and freaking incredible results.  Since we're heading to Florida in a couple of weeks, I'm going to do it again; part of me is terrified; part of me can't wait to see how gross it will get.

3.) Music is a big part of our daily lives; if you've been to our home, you'll know that something's generally playing in the background throughout our house thanks to these little wonders. My husband got me the Play3 a couple of Christmases ago and we've added on since. Amaze-balls.

4.) This. Always and forever.

5.) I got a free sample of this a couple of months ago and now I'm totally hooked. I call it my 5-second-falsies; they're a quick and easy way to feel pulled-together (something that can feel overwhelming in the middle of a long, cold winter).

6.) My New Year's Resolution this year was to go to bed earlier and read before falling asleep. I picked this book up last week and am *loving*it. Such interesting perspectives on life as I currently know it.

7.) As I've gotten *cough* older *cough*, my skin has gotten more and more dry in the winter. My lotion wasn't doing the trick on my knees and elbows and I didn't like having to keep using prescription strength stuff. My doctor suggested using this and it has *really* helped. I pat myself dry with a towel after a shower and then spray this (I bought a cheap little spray bottle) on to my body and let it soak in before putting on my body lotion.

8.) I know that everyone hates getting sick but I HATE getting sick and am a complete baby about it. This helps keep the germs at bay; it's not a pretty process but it's super-effective.

9.) I picked this up the other week during a Target run and am so glad that I did. It's a perfect dose of glam for pretty much any space. If you find one at your local Target, BUY IT because they won't last long!

10.) I try to work out four-to-five times a week (try being the operative word). I used to stick to mostly black gear but recently realized that I feel more "fun" wearing some pops of color. I just discovered this brand (think the fit of Lululemon without the price tag)... soooo flattering.


1 comment:

  1. I will keep these items in mind when searching for some stocking fillers for my wife. She is always moaning about her dry feet. I will have to hunt out some of the "foot peeling" this will definitely put me in her good books. Teamed with some nice candles, I will be the best husband ever. Thanks Again.

    Wilfred Andrews @ LB Plumbing and Heating

    ReplyDelete