Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Gorgeous Original Art Under $100

vintageart

When I was tracking down options for yesterday's post on affordable vintage rugs, eBay kept highlighting really beautiful vintage art selections in my sidebar; I couldn't help but click through. And since I firmly believe that every home needs original art and because you all really seemed to like yesterday's round-up, I thought you might enjoy one on incredibly-affordable art finds. So without further ado, here are my current favorites:

1.) This piece has all the right moves and would equally comfortable in either a traditional or modern interior.

2.)  It boggles my mind that this is still less than $20. Just a word to the wise if you get this: change that mat to give it a really sleek, updated look.

3.) I have yet to meet a small-scale plein air painting that I don't love.

4.) I love the mix of muted tones with strong lines in this piece; there's really not a thing that I don't love about it.

5.) When pointillism meets flamingos, wonderful things happen. I want this. Badly.

6.)  This abstract has all the texture, color and pop you could ever ask for. And it's already framed.

7.) Unless you've been living in a design hole for the past five years, you know that vintage portraits are a long-standing thing. Really good ones have to have some sass and this example has that (and more) in spades. I'd love to see her tucked into a corner ... or staring reprovingly from a powder room wall.

8.) There's nothing that I don't love about this piece. The size, the scale, the colors and the dimensionality are all so on point. If this stays under $100, it's a major deal.

9.) I waffled on this one a little because I know that the owl has been everywhere recently but this iron sculpture has so much presence that I think he bucks the trend; imagine how fab he'd look on a bookshelf or table.

No comments:

Post a Comment