Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Decorative Brackets For the Kitchen

kitchen_shelving_2
// via //
Our current kitchen has zero upper cabinets. Nada. Zilch. Nothing. The only "uppers" I have are 2 two foot long oak shelves that are hanging on to the wall above our ancient stove for dear life. To say I HATE the current configuration would be the understatement of the year. I'm working on the layout for our kitchen renovation (fingers crossed it'll happen this summer/fall) and I can assure you that there will be a lot more storage. But, and this confuses my husband daily, I do want to have open shelving in the new kitchen. Well-planned open shelving. Useful open shelving. But most importantly, pretty open shelving. I haven't nailed down exactly what I want -- brass? wrought iron? painted wood? -- but this is what I'm currently considering:

shelfbrackets

1.) I just love the rustic quality of this bracket; there's something so classic about it.

2.) If Jessica Rabbit was a shelf bracket, she'd look like this.

3.) I LOVE these and think a pair would look amazing flanking a range with the bottom sitting on the counter. Does that make sense? In my head it look phenomenal.

4.) I love the simple lines of this corbel; so light and sweet

5.) Streamlined, vintage and modern all at once. I love this option.

6.) I love the nod to Art Deco in this option.

7.) If you've been following this blog for any length of time, you know that I love pretty much anything Chinese Chippendale. These are no exception though I do worry that these might be a little over-the-top.

8.) This bracket would fit in just about anywhere.

9.) This option reminds me of something you'd see in a Parisian cafe.

10.) These might be a little too rustic for my kitchen but I do like the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment