Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Best Of the New: 2016

I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays and had a happy and restful new year!  We had a great week together just hanging out and basking in the slower pace. For New Year's we laid low -- an early kid-friendly gathering and then a chilly cook-out at home with hotdogs and s'mores for the kiddos followed by Chinese take-out from our favorite place once they were asleep -- and I loved it. I've never been much of a new year's kind of gal (which is odd because I love any excuse to dress up) and having kids makes it so tempting to bow out of parties and dinners and just snuggle up with the ones you love the most. Anyway, I hope that you enjoyed whatever way you celebrated!

Now that you all know that I'd probably make a half-decent hermit ... on to the good stuff! One of my favorite parts of the new year is the fact that all the retailers roll out a ton of new stuff just after the holidays. For the past couple of years, I've been a little "meh" about what several of them have been highlighting but this year pretty much everybody shot it out of the park in one way or another. Here's a round-up of my favorites...

bestofthenew_2016

1.) While not exactly free, the Explosion chandelier packs some serious punch at a huge savings over ones like this one from Jonathan Adler.

2.) I love pretty much everything about these brushed brass towel bars (including the price!) and am seriously eyeing them for this spring's powder room renovation.

3.) This hot rolled steel metal nightstand would look so good juxtaposed against either an upholstered or antique wooden bed. You know the whole "little bit country, a little bit rock n' roll" thing? It works.

4.) Loving everything about this mixed metal trivet set

5.) I love a safari chair -- they're so versatile and beautiful -- and this Expat lounge chair ticks all the right boxes.

6.) Every room needs a little whimsy and this spoonbill lamp by Rachel Kozlowski can add just the right amount to one.

7.) I'm more than a little obsessed with these marble & brass mounted shelves.We're in the planning stages of our kitchen renovation and I'd love to use a couple of these stacked off the counter in lieu of floating shelves (I'm also eyeing these and these )

8.) Wanna try the brass thing without going nuts? These flint gold bar stools are just the ticket.

9.) This upholstered bed is perfect in pretty much every way (including the price point).

10.) I'm always on the hunt for attractive and well-priced flushmount drum fixtures for clients with low ceiling heights. This one's perfect for a bedroom and has the added bonus of several finish options.

11.) I love the mix of wood and marble in this Alpine accent table.

12.) The simple, classic lines of this marble doorstop mean that it would look fab in any space. And it's not going out of style anytime soon (read: ever).

13.) Just like pretty much every other blogger out there, I'm in love with this sconce and at less than $70, it's no wonder we're all a little gaga.

14.) The strong metal lines and thick acrylic top on this side table make it a perfect candidate for bachelor pads everywhere.

15.) If you have followed this blog for any length of time, you'll know that I'm crazy for blue & white anything. This set of indigo napkins is no exception.

16.) How much do I love this swivel chair with its soft silhouette, velvet upholstery and antique brass base? Probably more than I should admit...

1 comment:

  1. Bullion Exchanges is a well known Precious Metals Seller located in the heart of New York City's Diamond District.

    Bullion Exchanges have a large variety of items like, precious metals that range from the popular gold & silver to platinum & palladium.

    They are offering a wide selection of products appealing to first time investors and for established investors.

    ReplyDelete