Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Something Must Change

why
photo
As I write this on Monday morning, bells are tolling around the country to mark the passing of another year since the Newtown tragedy. With each anniversary, I can feel my shoulders sag with more weight, my chin drop with more disappointment and my parental mind work ever harder to cut through the fear and get through the day. This day is an annual celebration of horror, loss, frustration and terror.

A dear friend posted yesterday on the subject and expressed my feelings on the matter perfectly. I, for one, am exhausted by it all. If you are too, consider adding your voice to end gun violence in the country. Because something must change.

4 comments:

  1. It's a law that most people in the UK find difficult to comprehend. It's scary that police routinely carry guns never mind members of the public! I m sure in the UK we just get the sensational stories reported of Amrican Police officers shooting unarmed men multiple times but it does seem to happen a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Zoe, it does seem to happen way too frequently. I can't comprehend it at all ... and I live here.

      Delete
  2. Love you and am so grateful for you sharing the post and that we are raising our voices...together. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you lady; thanks for putting my (and probably those of a lot of other moms) thoughts into words so beautifully! xxxooo

      Delete