Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Currently Coveting // This Sneak Peak Into the New Season of Fixer Upper

fixerupper_diningroom_1

I'm having the hardest time getting into the holiday spirit this year. I'm not sure if it's because we're still adjusting to the new house, the exciting-though-exhausting off-kilter work/life balance that I've been experiencing lately or just a general late-fall malaise but regardless of the reason, I'm easing into the holiday spirit this year (though my friends will be happy to know that I've kept up with tradition and managed to complete 90% of the shopping by the end of October ... just waiting on a few last-minute decisions on a certain six-year-old's Lego-infused list).
 
Yesterday, in an effort to feel a little less like Stooge, I went on Pinterest to jump-start my holiday-decorating juices. And as always happens when I'm on the site, I fell into the abyss and instead of studying wreath and garland styles, I found myself flipping through some sneak-peak images from the upcoming season from HGTV's Fixer-Upper. Now, I'm the first one to admit that I have a serious love/hate relationship with the channel -- some of the designs that come out of some of the shows make me want to scream and I hate how generic some other feel -- but I'm general pretty impressed with what Joanna Gaines (though I'm a little upset with them both for making shiplap so trendy and her for always looking so freaking amazing....four kids?? Really???) comes up with. Here's what really popped out at me...

fixrerupper_kitchen1

As someone with kitchen renovations on the brain, I just love this. Yes, it's a white kitchen with subway tile and soapstone counters -- we've all seen it before -- but that oversized hardware is such a great twist on traditional.


fixer_upper_kitchen2

 Isn't this a great way to inject some interest and visual diversity into a space? I've been considering doing something similar flanking the stove in our renovation after seeing something similar in Lauren Liess's old kitchen. I just love how much impact it has without feeling visually heavy.


fixer_upper_entry_1

Who doesn't love a demi-john? And if those tags are original? Ooooweeeee, love.


fixer_upper_kitchen_4

I'm so intrigued by this back splash ... is it white-washed stone? Stucco? Regardless, I'm taking notes when this episode airs...


fixer_upper_stairwell

The faux board and batten (exactly what I want in the powder room). The custom railing. The vintage locker room bench and the simple (read: not overly-done) styling. Love it all...

 You can see the rest of the slideshow here; anyone else excited about the premiers tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment