Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Thrill Of the Hunt, Powder Room Edition

powderroom_mirror

Do you remember (months ago) when I was all gung-ho about renovating our horrendous powder room? When I created the mood board and everything?

Yeah, that. 

Fast forward two months and I have yet to do any demolition. Is it happening in my head? Every day. Is it happening in my reality? Not even a little. But I'm determined and I have managed to get a few things done: sink selected and deal found, carpenter ( to keep me from nailing my hand to the wall and to help me figure out the spacing for the board & batten ) located and, as of Sunday, a mirror found. For $15!

To say I'm thrilled is an understatement (I have always loved this style but balked at the hefty price tags every time I found one in a store )  because there's SO MUCH that we need to get done in this house to really make her shine and almost every single one costs lots of money (kitchen renovation, bathroom renovation, basement playroom, attic master suite). So my mental budget for the powder room stands at $1000.00. Is it close to impossible? Pretty much. Is that stopping me? Not even remotely. And now, thanks to a lucky find while sourcing for other clients, I'm a little closer to meeting my goal.

Now I just have to find the time to find the Barkeeper's Friend so I can find the time to clean her up and make that brass shine again. I'm aiming for April because ... real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment