Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Before & Afer // The Foyer

You might have seen the post on Instagram but over the weekend but if you missed it, we finally "finished" the first room in the new house. And by finished I mean we only have a couple of small things left on the punch list. Which will probably take us until 2016. And after we finish that I'll probably find something to change. But I'm satisfied for now and that's cause for celebration.

Before I share the completed "after", here's a look back at where we started. Here's what it looked like when we first moved in (I managed to miss getting a shot of the entryway during our walk-throughs)...

foyer_before

Not loving all that dark wood. Or all that clutter to unpack; just looking at it makes me shudder.

Then we went through the paint selection process...

foyer_before_paint

We went with the one on the top left throughout the entire first floor -- it was a custom color based on Benjamin Moore's Oystershell. And all the trim was painted using Ben Moore's White Dove. Not too creamy, not too harsh. I love it...

And then we just sort of left it as is for a little bit while we waited for the mini sputnik chandelier from Lucent Light Shop to arrive.

Once it was up, we tweaked things a little. We brought in our beloved portrait (I love how she greets everyone with a quiet little smile), replaced the more formal demi-lune table with the rustic antique butcher table my husband got for me years ago, placed my Albini stool underneath and styled it with some favorite treasures.

foyer_after


I couldn't be more pleased with how it all came together and I'm more than a little obsessed with the light fixture; it really ties our mix of antique, vintage and modern pieces together beautifully.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I find these before and afters really inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (and thanks for reading)! I'll keep them coming as we move through the house getting things more settled.

      Delete
  2. It looks beautiful Meghann! This is making me really want to redo our foyer. You have a such a happy and welcoming space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks Diana! Get in touch when you're ready to redo and we'll make it gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete