Thursday, October 15, 2015

Thrifted Thursday // A Tortoiseshell Bamboo Console

tortoiseshellconsole
 // via //
Is anyone else watching the new Indian Summers series on Masterpiece? If you are, are you loving the interiors as much as I am? While I really struggle with what the term means to a variety of indigenous people across the globe, I've always loved the look and feel of interiors with a British Colonial style. They are traditional without being stuffy, formal with a sense of humor, simple and yet simultaneously layered.

I'm particularly drawn to the tortoiseshell bamboo pieces which are created by lightly burning bamboo. That  mix of light and dark creates an almost cheetah-like quality that I love  (I'm a sucker for a good animal print anything) so when this piece popped up this week, I knew that it was this week's Thrifted Thursday...
britishcolonialdresser
 // via //
Gorgeous, right? Something with this much presence would really "make" a room. Imagine it in an entryway or serving as a sofa table or media console. Heck, imagine it as a dresser in your master bedroom. It would be amazing anywhere, really. Sigh; I wish we had the room for it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment