Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Currently Coveting // Myrtle Topiary (for under $20!)

foyerwithtopiary
Just ignore the fact that my portrait hasn't been hung yet; I'll get there. Eventually.
I've long had a thing for myrtle topiaries because they bridge that chasm between traditional and modern that I seem to be forever drawn to. And I'm particularly enamored of them in the fall because I think they're such a gorgeous green and growing addition to both autumnal and holiday decor.
 Unfortunately, even the little versions cost a fortune. And given the fact that I have a grayish thumb, I'm not inclined to live on Ramen noodles for something that could very well die on me in a matter of weeks. So when I happened upon Kranewallpaper's instagram post on highlighting a sweet mini version that she found online for less than $20 including shipping, I was all over it.

I followed her lead, ordered one (it took about 5 days to arrive) and plopped it in a $3 thrift shop pot that I had on hand when it arrived yesterday.

foyertopiary_closeup

This thing is beyond sweet. It was very happy and healthy (and over 18" tall!) straight out of the box and I swear I can see new buds this morning. I'm not going to go so far as to say that it's indestructible but I will say that it's going to take effort for me to kill it.

If this type of plant is your jam, take the plunge but do it soon because they're low on stock (and getting lower every day). I really wish we already had the planned gas fireplace and built-ins in place in our living room because I'd be ordering another to create a sweet holiday mantlescape (is that a word? If not, I think it should be).

No comments:

Post a Comment