Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Dreaming // An Attic Master Suite

atticbathroom
 // via //
There are so many things are on "to do" list at the new house. Some we're tackling as I write this (patio, french door, floors) some we're putting off for a year so we can really figure out how we use the space (kitchen & powder room, upstairs bath) and some are in our 3-5 year plan ... like converting the attic space into a master suite. So what do I focus on when the drama and stress of the impending move makes me want to tear out my hair (and my immune system gives out and I catch a nasty summer stomach bug thing that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy)? The master suite of course.

Currently, our uppermost level looks like this...

IMG_3369

... and this from the other side...

IMG_3368

...but I have BIG plans for it. I'd like to place the bathroom along the far wall in the photo above (the one with the window) with a walk-in shower living right there in the center, a soaking tub tucked into the eaves and a pair of sinks on a new wall opposite the window.

I spent some time online last night eyeballing some gorgeous examples of attic eye candy. I think the chaos of the move has me drawn to anything really clean and light . No one would ever mistake me for a minimalist but the chaos of the move has me more than a little obsessed with anything "simple".  Don't you want to just cuddle up under that Josh Robshaw quilt and sleep for days?

atticbedroom1
 // via //
I'll be honest, I don't love the Persian carpet in this picture -- given how light and bright everything else is, that red is a little too "in your face" in my opinion  -- but switch it out for a lovely aged muted version and this room would be amazing.

atticmaster_2
 // via //
No well-planned attic master suite is complete without really good closet storage. I love the creative use of existing space in this long closet built into the eaves; I'd love to run something like this along one length of of our attic.

Here's a simplified version that I'd be fine with...

atticcloset
source unknown
And finally, I just had to share this bathroom. Not because I love the layout but because I'm more than a little obsessed with the flooring. Isn't it fabulous?

atticbathroom3
 // via //

No comments:

Post a Comment