Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thrifted Thursday // Vintage Bamboo Shelving (Chicago Edition)

erin-williamson-design-7
// via //
You might be asking why I'm checking out CL in Chicago (or maybe you know me really well and aren't surprised at all). Well, a couple of readers have asked me if I'd be willing to do Thrifted Thursday in other (their) cities and I'm more than happy to oblige since I love to travel -- especially when it doesn't meant leaving my own home.  First up: Chicago.

Here's what I took away from my search: if we hadn't just purchased a house in the Boston area, I'd be trying to get my husband to consider moving to Chicago. Why? Because the Craig's List loot in Chi-town is good. Really, really good. And yes, I'd move for better thrifting (don't judge). I spent roughly five minutes searching and found like 5-10 really great pieces ranging from rustic Swedish antiques to mid-century modern; it was nuts in the best possible way!
woodenetageres
// via //
 After looking through all the options, I decided to highlight this pair of faux bamboo shelves listed at $125 because everyone needs storage and a pair of anything is awesome. A few months ago I highlighted a brass pair of etageres (I still regret not getting those for myself) but I sort of love that this pair is wood because it really lets you make them your own. If these were mine, I'd spray them some glossy color: black or white for a more "formal" feel (or try what they did in the inspiration image above and paint them a glossy version of the wall color) or a bright pop of blue, red or lime green for a preppy-fun feel.

If you're in Chicago but aren't looking for shelving, there are SO many more awesome options! Here are some of the other items that caught my eye...

chicagocraigslist_runnersup

1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. 
Looking for something like this but not located anywhere near it? Then check out this site that I recently found out about for amazing deals at estate sales across the country.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meg, can you write a post with tips on how to search craigslist? You always find the best things! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria-

    Great idea; I'll try to get one done in the next couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete