Thursday, July 30, 2015

Thrifted Thursday // A Pair of Italian Bergere Chairs

bergerechair_3
// via //

I know that I've posted this kind of chair before but they're just so darn versatile that I can't help but continue to share them as they pop up. I have a fabulous client who purchased another pair that I tracked down for a steal and she recently got them back from the upholsterer. OH MAH GAH, people ... they are so gorgeous it's physically painful. Don't believe me? Take a look. Do I have your attention now?

Thought so.
CL_bergerechair
// via //
At $450 for the pair, these beauties aren't free by any means but they're priced at less than half the original cost of a single chair and appear to be in really great condition (read: give them a good clean and they're ready to go in your home ... no need to reupholster). And that linen upholstery? It's the vanilla of the design world and will pair well with almost anything. No, they're not vintage  -- mid-century versions of these chairs are like the holy grail of thrifting -- but they're of good quality and that back detail is pretty darn sweet. Like Martha always says, it's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment