Thursday, July 2, 2015

Thrifted Thursday // A Boldly-Printed Vintage Sofa

boldsofa
 // via //

I love a good vintage sofa. And I love a bold print. And when those two things get together? They can make beautiful babies.

Are they for everyone? No. Are they for every space? No. But if you've got the right kind (read: neutral background, neutral rug, lots of natural light and an eye for blending things), they can be fantastic. See that inspiration image at the top? Perfectly done.

While finding a funky vintage sofa frame isn't all that hard, tracking down quality fabric in a great bold pattern is usually expensive. VERY expensive. So when I saw this vintage sofa pop up -- with its amazing on-trend bright blue cut velvet fabric in pristine condition for $175 (I'd offer $150 just to see if I could get the best deal possible) -- I knew I had to highlight it this week.

vintage_bold_sofa
// via //
I mean ... wouldn't this be INSANE in an all-white home office? Or design office? Or a graphic design office? Or a retail space? Talk about making a statement without saying a word!

A word to the wise: if you do decide to buy it, make sure that you clean the upholstery (or have it cleaned) immediately!

We're headed to the Cape for the holiday weekend (my husband is frantically packing as I write this so we can avoid crazy bridge traffic); and I can't wait! I hope everyone has fun plans; Happy and safe 4th of July!

PS -- Love a good vintage Persian rug like the ones I have throughout my house? This one is a total steal...

No comments:

Post a Comment