Wednesday, July 22, 2015

New Favorite Source // Everything But The House

ebthwellsleleyestatesale
// via //

A few days ago while perusing the comments on one of the blogs I follow (I'd tag the blog but for the life of me I can't remember which one it was!), I noticed that another reader had suggested a new site for sourcing vintage pieces. I wrote it down on my to-do list (as you do when you're a vintage hoarder) and meandered over later that day ... and now I'm full on OBSESSED. With a capital "O"... followed by a capital everything else. Because it's that good.

 Everything But The House is essentially an online estate sale site. It's hard to describe really but picture this: it's got the quality goods & professional management of a traditional estate sale, with the prices of Craig's List and the search-ability and online atmosphere of OKL. They have everything from furniture to jewelry to artwork to books to automobiles. They sell, quite literally, everything but the house. Interested yet? If you're not, you're crazy; seek help.

My favorite part of the site is that you can search by location. I chose Boston (makes sense seeing as I live here) and up popped two sales FILLED with fabulousness. As in filled to the brim, drowning in awesomeness and swimming in spectacular. I actually bid on all the images in the header image last night as the auction was ending. I missed out on most -- there was only so much I was willing to pay for a 2'-0" head planter -- but I did score the gorgeous bureau above (I'm thinking that it might end up being used as a night stand in our master). None of the items I bid on went for more than $250 and the smaller items were all significantly less than $100 (and now that I'm looking at the planter again I just know I'm going to be kicking myself for not ponying up a little more).

If you're not in an area where they have a sale (though they seem to have them in most major metropolitan areas across the country), you can still purchase and have things sent to you. It's not going to be as cheap but you'll still be able to pick up things like jewelry and art for a fraction of what you'd pay at most antique shops or online vintage shopping destinations. Don't believe me? Here are some of  the items I'm currently following in sales in Boston, Chicago, DC, Indianapolis, Los Angeles and Louisville; many could be easily (i.e. relatively inexpensively) shipped right to your door. 

EBTH_bestof

1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9. // 10. // 11. // 12.


Best part? All are currently priced at less than $200 (including the Chagal litho). Happy shopping!

***I just want to be clear that this is not sponsored at all. I'm not getting anything from them and quite honestly, I wasn't sure if I wanted to share this new find with the wider world -- it's that good. But I started this blog specifically so I could share things like this ... so here you go. My favorite new toy.***

No comments:

Post a Comment