Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Currently Coveting // Paul Ferney's Beach Scenes

paulferney_7
// via //

I hope everyone had an amazing 4th of July weekend! We were on Cape Cod and had a wonderful time with friends and family: days at the beach, and long family dinners full of stories, laughter, fresh Wellfleet oysters and delicious white wine (if you haven't tried this wine yet -- especially with oysters -- trust me, you want to. It's such a great summer wine and at less than $10, it's a total steal. We get it from our local wine shop but I've noticed it at Whole Foods and even TJ's this year).

It was amazing. I want to go back. Now.

paulferney_1
// via //

Days by the shore always make me pine for more; it's a never-ending cycle. And while we're lucky enough to get many throughout the summer, I'm always looking for ways to add a little more beach to my "everyday" life.  Paul Ferney's amazing paintings of the California coastline definitely fit the bill...

paulferney_4
// via //

Stunning, right? And the larger scale -- most are at least 40" square -- make them even more entrancing.

paulferney_3
// via //
I'm not sure if he paints from a photograph or from memory but I am fascinated by the way that they encapsulates the duality of our often-ignored reality: we may live our lives as though we are islands but in each moment of every day, every one of us is part of a larger whole.  I just love that...

paulferney_5
// via //

... so many tiny stories on each canvas.

paulferney_2
// via //

I don't own one (yet), but I'm really hoping that I'll be able to find a place for one in the new house; I could sit and stare at all the little details in these pieces for hours.

To learn more about Paul Ferney and his work (make sure to check out his commissioned small works as well; so gorgeous and so affordable!), check out his website and follow him on Instagram (where he shares his most recent pieces).

No comments:

Post a Comment