Wednesday, June 24, 2015

To Swing Or Not To Swing

front porch
// via //
One of my favorite parts of the new house is the front porch. I have always wanted to have one but I've never actually lived in a house with one. Needless to say, I've been plotting what I'd put out there since roughly two seconds after we first saw the house. I've already envisioned evenings relaxing on it with a glass of wine and a book (or my husband/friends/neighbors) ... but for the life of me, I can't make up my mind about what we should be sitting on.

There's a big part of me that thinks a porch swing is a must because really, is there anything more sweet than a porch swing? But then I remember ...

front porch swing
// via //
... I have children. Which means that the picture in my head -- of people slowly swinging while enjoying a calm and quiet conversation -- will never happen. The reality will probably include crazed little people trying to rocket to the moon by swinging the poor contraption as hard and as fast as possible. Because I know my little people ... and those are my little people.

Then there's the part of me that's willing to accept reality and wants to opt for a simple wicker loveseat and a couple of chairs.

frontporch_blackwicker
// via //
I've always had a soft spot for black wicker; it's just so elegant...

frontporch_baackwicker
// via //
... but then I hear the siren call of a porch swing and I'm back to square one.

porchswing_3
// via //
Decisions, decisions, decisions. Do you have a porch swing and love it? Hate it? Cringe when your children anywhere near it? Would love to hear any and all insight/opinions, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment