Wednesday, June 10, 2015

New House Dreaming (and scheming)...

DLA_americanfoursquare_exterior
All images in this post via
When we got word about the new house, I did what any self-respecting, house-obsessed 30-something, interior designer would do: I went Pinterest crazy. In one of my first searches, I came across the most gorgeous renovation of an American foursquare (our new house is a 1929 foursquare) and I was smitten. Designed by the extremely talented DC-based Donald Lococo Architects (he's all over the DC-area and his work was often brought up when I was in grad school down there) this project has it all.

I mean, Oh. Mah. Gah ...

DLA_americanfoursquare_entry


Serious foyer envy over here. But wait, there's more. Hello dream kitchen...

DLA_americanfoursquare_kitchen3

Let's take a closer look, shall we? Le swoon. Don't ever change...

DLA_americanfoursquare_kitchen


This family room a little too neutral for me (I like some color in my life) but besides that, I'm all about it. Those french doors? All that natural light? The general scale? All awesome...

DLA_americanfoursquare_livingroom


This little corner of what I would guess is the formal living room is such a tease. But the level of detail throughout the home is certainly apparent...

DLA_americanfoursquare_benches


If I weren't married, and if it was at all possible, I would date this powder room tucked under the stairs, I love it that much (and I'm only half-kidding)...

DLA_americanfoursquare_powderroom



And finally, let's all just enjoy a moment of silence to ponder the world's most perfect master bath, shall we?

DLA_americanfoursquare_masterbath

And by most perfect master bath, I meant the most perfect master bath (complete with its own terrace) EVER.

DLA_americanfoursquare_bathroom


You can be certain that all of these images are pinned to my new home inspiration board and that some of these details will find their way into the renovation of our new home.

I can't wait to close so that I can share some images and ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment