Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Currently Coveting //Hex Tile Patterns

hextile_5
// via //

There's a lot that needs to happen at the new house: new kitchen, new outdoor patio with easier access from the house, new master suite  and updated bathrooms. God, just looking at that list makes me tired!

We're going to take our time with most of it -- live in the home for awhile and learn how we're going to use the space best -- but that fact is not stopping me from doing some early research/day dreaming. One thing that I know for sure: hex tiles will be used. I've loved their classic, slightly industrial vibe ever since I first saw them on my first trip to NYC when I was 10 (I still have the journal entry I wrote describing them and explaining how I'd use them in my own home one day) and I'm thrilled that we'll get to use them in the new place. Here are some favorite inspiration images...

I love this green so much. Which is funny because mint isn't usually a favorite of mine. But the pattern and tone-on-tone mix of greens is so wonderful...

hex tile
// via //
Now black and white? That's my jam. And this little entryway? Also my jam...
hextile_2
// via //
Classic and beautiful and paired with white subway tile and dark grout (my absolute favorite). I want...
pennytile_1
// via //
... though I would settle for this.
hextile_3
// via //
And this? Blue and white and perfect all over. I'm really tempted to try something like this...
hextile_4
// via //

So what do you think of hex tile? Love 'em? Hate 'em? Have you installed them yourself? Have a great source for them that you'd like to share?

1 comment:

  1. Love hex tiles.. we had them in our entryway in our condo and it was one of my favorites things about the place.

    ReplyDelete