Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Currently Coveting // Eben House

If you've been reading along for awhile, you might remember me gushing about the industrial-chic fabulousness of Provincetown's Salt House Inn last fall (if this is new to you; check out the eye candy in that post because that is one deliciously cool place).  Well, I'm happy to report that the team behind Salt House has a new spot in town:  Eben House.

And guys? MEEOOW.

I mean shut the front door with this ... front door. It's casual chic at it's finest with a nod to tradition but with distinctly modern sentiments. You just *know* that there is going to be good stuff is on the other side of this entrance ...

ebenhouse_frontdoor

And Kevin O'Shea -- the designer behind all the Salt Hotels -- doesn't disappoint...

ebenhouse_lobby

Let me make my feelings on this space very clear: I. LOVE. THIS. ENTRYWAY.

Nothing within the building feels too precious; nothing's overly-luxurious (this is P-Town after all, not Chatham ) but everything feels so considered, so personal. It all blends to create such a curiously-elegant palette. Like this dining space? It's like a vintage utilitarian/industrial collector's (read: my) version of heaven...

ebenhouse_dininglarge

Just as he did at the Salt House Inn, the quirky-cool common spaces at Eben House are in direct contrast to the elegant simplicity of the guest rooms. There's even a gallery wall of vintage portraits. It makes me wonder: did he design this thing entirely for my pleasure?

ebenhouse_diningnook


And speaking of guest rooms ...

ebenhouse_hotelroomoverall

I want to literally dive into that tub (and it looks almost deep enough). And those sweet little vintage hanging mirrors? Yes.

I'm just going to say it: this guy and his team rank up with the best when it comes to creating a space that's refined without being stuffy; stark without being cold. And they are really clever when it comes creating drama and presence on a limited budget. Take this guest room for instance: that beautiful scrolled headboard?

ebenhouse_hotelroomcloseup

 Look closely;  it's just paint and an inexpensive fish eye mirror.

Let's move on to the bathroom shall we? Or perhaps I should just cut to the chase: let's move IN to the bathroom, shall we?

ebenhouse_bathroom

If that picture doesn't make the case for white subway tile and dark grout, I don't know what will.


And finally, no dwelling on Cape Cod is complete without outdoor space (we New Englanders are willing to suffer through awful winters only because we know that the summers are almost guaranteed to bring phenomenal weather). This roof top checkerboard rooftop terrace?

ebenhouse_rooftopterrace

Is definitely a yes. I would happily clock some time up there reading ... and enjoying a cocktail or two.

So there you have it, they've done it again. And I've yet to get to either (ah, the joys of parenthood).

***All photos in this post  courtesy of the Eben House Site***

No comments:

Post a Comment