Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Because Sometimes Snarky Humor's All You've Got

inspiration

1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9.

You know the lyrics to that country song that go, "When you're going through Hell, just keep on going,"? Well,  picture me driving 90 miles an hour through the underworld right about now.

We're in the throes of a bunch of capital "B" Big life decisions around here. I know that we'll come out all right in the end but the process of going through it is pretty stressful. If there's anything I like less than not being in control of a situation, I've yet to discover it -- and hope I never will. And if there's anything more frustrating than trying to make decisions that will undoubtedly affect the education & general childhood experience of your little ones (you know, the ones that are completely dependent upon you making the right decision) while not in control, then keep it the *%$!@ away from me.

At the base of it all, this is what I'm coming to realize: sometimes, being an adult really, really bites. Sometimes it's fantastic ... but there are times when it's akin to being locked in a padded cell and having to listen to "Barbie Girl" by Aqua on repeat for days. And as an adult, you're going to have to learn to live in that cell on occasion. So when a sweet friend sent me a link to these posters & cards by Emily McDowell Studio yesterday -- right in the midst of all this craziness as the best of friends do -- and I laughed out loud, I knew I had to share. Because sometimes, when life's more complicated than a Rubic's Cube, the only thing that can make it better is a little snarky humor with a healthy dash of wisdom and introspection.

No comments:

Post a Comment