Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Summer-Ready Feet for Under $9!

smil_footpeeling_product
You guys, I've discovered pedicure nirvana ... and it  costs less than $9.00!!!! All the callouses on my feet are gone, my feet are insanely soft and smooth and I didn't even have to visit a salon. I mean right? Riiiggghhhttt???

Now, I'm going to preface the rest of this post by saying that the process is not pretty. Actually, this process is absolutely disgusting. Fascinating, but disgusting. And I definitely do NOT suggest doing this if you plan on wearing open-toed shoes for roughly 2 weeks (remember my recent purchase in this post? Those slippers saved my life last week during the peeling process) but if you can hold off on wearing flip-flops, I couldn't recommend this product more highly. The results are phenomenal.

You might be wondering how I heard about this crazy magic. Well, about 3 weeks ago, I came across this post and was intrigued. For years, I've tried everything to get rid of the callouses on the heels and bottoms of my feet and nothing has really worked. So I ordered this from Amazon and a few days later I got the kids to bed, prepared my husband for the strangeness he was about to see over the next few days and readied myself for the purge.

Here's what I did:
1. I cleaned my feet with soap and water (I would not suggest doing the peel if you have any open cuts on your feet. Ow.).
2. Before you do anything else, go to the bathroom (you're going to thank me for that tip because walking in the booties isn't easy; trust.)
3. I set up my station with: a water bottle (and a cocktail), a towel and made sure my remote & phone were within an arm's reach.
4. Placed my feet in the booties (they're double-lined so make sure to go directly into inside lining) and soaked them for 1.5 hours (my feet were in serious need of softening). The "magic liquid" is made up of roughly 1 gazillion different types of fruit acids.
5. Rinsed my feet completely.
6. Nothing happened. It was kind of a let down even though I knew that's the process but...
7. 5-8 days later (the length of time it takes to start working is different for everyone) my feet looked disgusting - like they'd morphed into snakes in the process of molting (lovely image, right?).
8. I soaked them in hot/warm water for about an hour once the peeling process commenced and used a pumice stone to help the process along. It was incredibly gross but strangely satisfying at the same time.
9. I repeated the soaking process every couple of days until all the "old" skin had been shed (it took roughly 2 weeks from start to finish).
10. Rejoiced in my new, insanely soft feet.

My peeling process finished about 2 days ago and I can't wait to get my toes prepped and polished so I can break out my summer shoes in time for Memorial Day weekend. I'll definitely be making this a bi-annual part of my beauty routine. Because, well, it works better than anything else I've ever tried ... and it's kinda fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment