Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Oversized Clutch: A Roundup

I don't know about anyone else but I've been a little obsessed with oversized clutches for the past year or so.  It started in the bleakest depths of last winter when I picked up a fun fold-over version made out of Mexican serape material on etsy before a trip to Florida and it kind of escalated from there...


itsclutch

Last summer, my husband got me a monogrammed version from K.slademade after cleverly picking up on some vague hints (I believe the email read: "Hi sweetie, please get me *this* one in *this* colorway with *this* monogram type; love you!"); he's so good like that. Since then, it's been hard to stop eyeballing all the new options ... there are just so many beauties out there. But since it would be awesome ridiculous for me to buy all the ones I've been coveting, I figured I'd do a round-up of my favorites at price-points ranging from $13 - $300. From top left, my favorites are:

Clare V. (or Vivier) - RWB Stripe on Caramel ($295) // Can we just take a moment with this? It's bananas good: classically cheeky colors that will work in any season.  And it can be monogrammed. Me want.

K.slademade - Brooklyn Foldover in Saddle ($130) // I know I've highlighted this before but it's so beautiful that it needed another close-up ... this is one that will definitely be added to my collection.  Not only does the designer seem to be incredibly cool (and sweet!) but the quality of her stuff is insane ... and I love the monogramming option. PSA: Follow her on Instagram; I'm still kicking myself for missing a 30% flash sale that she posted there during the Super Bowl. 

Marloe - Distressed Clutch in Espresso ($38) // This is such a pretty bag ... and that price point? For something made in the States? Amazing.

Bali Chevron Foldover Clutch ($34) //  Love this modern preppy look (also love this price).

K.slademade - Brooklyn Foldover in Copper ($185) // Can I get an AMEN??

Marloe - Distressed Clutch in Rust ($38) // See above; love the look, love the price, love that it's made in the USA.

Clare V. - Navy Suede with Rosegold Spots Margot FOC ($220) // This bag encapsulates everything I love about this designer and her stuff. Navy + Suede + Rosegold + Spots = AWESOMENESS.

Hmong Clutch Bag from Vintage Embroidery ($12.99) // It's no secret that I love Hmong textiles and this is a gorgeous way to show off the workmanship (at a crazy-low price). Can't you just see this paired with a lovely pair of white jeans and a t-shirt someplace warm? Mmhm.

Someone please buy these and tell me how awesome they are so I can live vicariously (yes, I'm that pathetic; no shame lives here).

***After yesterday's soul-bearing, I thought a "pretty picture post" was in order but I wanted to make sure to thank everyone for getting in touch regarding yesterday's post. It took quite a bit for me for me to put that one out there and I really appreciate all the positive feedback I got via email, Facebook and text ... a million thanks! ***


No comments:

Post a Comment