Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Dreaming of Spring // Maritime Fashion

Yesterday's blizzard meant that I had lots of time to troll the web (well, lots of time when I wasn't ensuring that my little ones' antics weren't causing too much destruction) and it became apparent within five minutes that I was in "escape-mode". Every Pinterest search & online shopping venture inevitably focused on the new spring fashions arriving in stores and, as usual, everything I loved was nautically-inspired. Since I'm guessing I'm not alone in my longing for warmer days and maritime-inspired fashion, here's a round-up of what I'm dreaming of adding to my already-stripe-infused wardrobe in a few weeks (and will likely only be able to wear in a few months):

springfashion_flat


Striped Sweater (40% off right now!): Anyone who knows me knows that I have an addiction to stripes and this sweater's no exception. I love the touch of camel; so classic and Jackie O.

Camel Grid Check Square Scarf: Dressing for "spring" in New England means being prepared for weather ranging from the 40s to the 60s; this oversized camel windowpane scarf will look so tailored with navy anything and is perfect for the days that still have some real bite.

Navy Schoolboy Blazer (25% off with code FINDAFAVE):  I've been eyeing this blazer for a couple of years and I decided to buy it yesterday ... it's a closet staple and I know that I'll be able to wear it 3 out of the 4 seasons. If you're thinking about this one you might want to consider buying one size up so you can layer a mid-weight sweater underneath it

Flare Jeans: So ... the flare jean is back. Part of me is excited about this (so flattering!), part of me is a little nervous (I'm *cough* 37 *cough* and a mom of two ... is this even appropriate for me anymore?) I like the high-rise on these and I adore the fit of Madewell jeans so if I decide that I'm going to try it, I'm starting with these.

Striped Boatneck Tee: Yep, more stripes ( I told you it was an addiction). I love a good boat neck top though and this has all the makings of a good one.

New Balance 420 Sneakers: I've said it before and I'll say it again, these rock.

Ripped Denim Shirt: A classic style with a slight edge; two enthusiastic thumbs up.

Pyramid Ear Jackets: I've resolved to be more adventurous with my earring choices this year and I love the mixed metals on these

Soludos Espadrilles: I love the pop of a red espadrille and I love this particular brand; so comfy!

Relaxed Skinny Jeans (40% off right now!): I love the look of boyfriend jeans but they're not very flattering on me. I've heard from multiple sources that this relaxed skinny jean is the best of both worlds and I've decided to give it a whirl.

PS: If you're looking for the ultimate in "traditional" nautical, be sure to check out St. James. This French brand has been making their jersey shirts in Normandy since the 19th century and their stuff is so  beautifully-made; our entire family wears St. James and I swear it all wears like iron. J.Crew has started to carry a couple of their things but I love that  this little shop has a bevy of striped options for the whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment