Thursday, December 18, 2014

Thrifted Thursday // Vintage Bamboo Peacock-Style Headboards

littlegirlsroom
// via //
I'm not going to lie, it was *really* hard for me to post this week's find. As the parent of a little girl, a pair of vintage peacock-style headboards in a bright pop of color has long been on my "want" list. But now that my 5-year-old has decided he wants a bunk bed, I've got a pair of vintage Jenny Lind spool beds for Greta to use when she's moved out of her crib. And so, dear readers, I'm sharing these lovelies with you. And boy, are they ever lovely!

bamboo headboards

Don't have a little girl? Not a problem; these would look freaking amazing in a guest bedroom as well. If they were mine, I'd pair them with either a sweet small-scale pattern like this or really bold traditional pattern like this.

As for the color, I adore the punch of poppy; it's such a bright, happy color especially as we enter the darkest months of the year. But if red's not your thing; you can change it to pretty much any color you want for about $10 using a couple of cans of spray paint (you just have to promise not to paint it Marsala, which is supposedly this year's "it" color. Bleck. Double bleck.).

And if you're not sure whether $300 for a pair of headboards is really a deal, check out these very similar, very popular headboards from  Serena & Lily & Land of Nod. For $400-500 per unit (plus shipping). Mmmhmm; thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment