Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Happy Holidays 2014!



christmas2014_blogpost

I took this picture while on Cape Cod over Thanksgiving. I was at one my favorite places on earth, holding the hand of my 5-year-old son and looking down at the other two loves of my life: my husband and my 2-year-old daughter. It was one of those moments that make you feel nostalgic even as it's happening and I will never forget it. The quote (which I first heard during Savasana at my favorite yoga studio) sums up the way I felt when I took this shot: personal experiences over the past decade, both happy and traumatic, have taught me that try as I might, I can't control everything in my world but that I can  -- and should -- stop to appreciate what I have.

Happy holidays everyone; may you all have a moment like this at some point during the next few days and recognize it when it happens. Thank you for visiting this little corner of the Web, for being interested in whatever I'm spouting about on any given day and for and all your words of support over the past few months; they've have meant to me more than you could ever know.

I'm going to take the next few days to spend time with friends & family and catch up on some client work. I'll be back in January (in the meantime, you can keep up with what's going down in the Van Dorn household on Instagram), xxx!

No comments:

Post a Comment