Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A $7 Miracle (No, seriously.)

lavender
//via//

During the summer months, we spend most of our weekends on Cape Cod and while we're exceptionally lucky to be able to, it does mean that our two little ones (2 and 5) are constantly having to adjust and readjust to new beds, new sleep schedules, etc. After several weeks with strings of nights where no one got enough sleep,  I hit up Google in desperation; there had to be something out there that could help my little ones get the rest they needed, regardless of which bed they were sleeping in.

Enter Woolzies, the $7.00 essential oil that has changed our lives. This stuff is nothing short of amazing (and no, they're not paying me, this stuff is just really, really awesome). First of all: the smell. I've always loved the smell of lavender but there's something softer about this version of the essential oil; it's a little less overwhelming somehow. And it works. So. Incredibly. Well.

lavender oil
//via Amazon//

I started dabbing 3-4 dots on everyone's pajama tops before bed and overnight we went from having 2-3 night-time wake-ups PER CHILD to none. Beautiful, glorious silence. Do you know how amazing this is to a parent of young children? In case you don't ... it's freaking MIRACULOUS.

After that success, I started to put it on everything that wasn't food. I now dab it on my pillow before bed and I've been sleeping soooo much more soundly. I sprinkle it into the rugs before company comes over and I get compliments about how great the house smells. Heck, I've even put a couple of drops on the dog when I didn't have the time to give her a bath.

And those houseguests we have coming to stay over the holidays? They'll arrive to a guestroom & bath smelling of French lavender fields. Because we're cool like that.

It is, hands down, one of my favorite household items. And it's only $7. Miracle. 'Nuff said.

***PS - If you're enjoying the blog, please spread the love on Facebook & Twitter! And if you use BlogLovin, don't forget to add us to your feed by clicking on the button under my profile pic***








4 comments:

  1. Love this. Just bought some. Thank you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, hope you like it as much as we do!

      Delete
  2. Two words: Amazon Prime.

    Thanks for the suggestion, Meg! Will be so necessary as cold season/holiday traveling start!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem kate; it's been a lifesaver for us!

      Delete