Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thrifted Thursday // Vintage Parson Arm Chairs (and a Table)


white_parsons_table

You know, I was really upset this week because Craig and his list just weren't doing it for me. I couldn't find anything really interesting to post. And then I woke up in the middle of the night and realized that I needed to shake up my typical searching (Yes, I did wake up in the night to think about the most effective ways to troll CL. Don't judge). So I searched outside of the box a little and wooheee, you won't even believe what I found. First up? This incredible pair of vintage parsons style club chairs in the style of Milo Baughman (stating this is basically me screaming, "BUY IT!" at the top of my lungs through the computer and directly into your face).

parsons_velvet

Ok, actually, that pair is currently listed on 1stDibs.  For $4,895.00. This is the pair that I actually found...


parsonschairs

Yeah, not as pretty. But the lines are essentially exactly the same. And the price? It's $70.00. FOR THE PAIR. And with a little time, effort and, yes, money (I'm guessing about $600-800 per chair if you can find a well-priced fabric), they could look like these...

parsonchairs_roomscene

Not free by any means but a true investment piece and one that will never go out of style. Ever. Even in leopard print. (Especially in leopard print).

parsonschairs_leopard

You're probably wondering right about now why the lead photo didn't show the parsons chairs. Welp, it's because I also found this waterfall-style parson table. For $300.00.

parsontable

Classically modern in every possible way. This would be amazing as a console table, a desk (I am SO tempted to buy this for my someday office), even a dining room table. Anyone who can't at least appreciate the beauty in the simplicity of a parson table must have serious design issues.  Like, for sure.

be1208b0302f78d68d508085edbd7a62

This table is gorgeous in any kind of interior space: traditional, transitional, vintage and modern. It's like the LBD of the furniture world: always understated, always sexy.

parsonstablewithblackwalls

So there it is; a pair of vintage parson style armchairs AND a parson table for less than the cost of ONE of those 1stDibs chairs. And that's including the cost of reupholstering both of the chairs.

And for those of you who live outside of the Boston area, West Elm has this lovely parson style console table (it even has drawers!) for only $349.00 (plus an additional 10% off if you sign-up to receive their emails).

west_elm_parson_final


So, there you go. A little bit of lovely for everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, those chairs could be so amazing! I wish I didn't live so far away, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. And I love that leopard print!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm not going to lie @SarahKateate, I'm going back and forth on buying them myself. And maybe that console table as well. Wouldn't it make an awesome studio desk and guest seating? Just add a rolling office chair and you're in business!

    ReplyDelete