Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Currently Coveting // NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Purpose Dry Oil

81wX7TlQXvL._SL1500_
Do you have a favorite beauty product? You know, the one you can't live without?  Yep, me too.

It's the Huile Prodigieuse Dry Oil from the French brand Nuxe and it is, without a doubt, a moisturizing miracle: I tend to have dry skin all year and this stuff makes my skin feel soft and silky; I have dry hair and this stuff works great as a fly-away tamer and shine-infuser; I've even used it on my face under make-up in a pinch and it worked well and I didn't break out (always a plus in my acne-prone book).

And the best part? The smell. It's addictive: luxurious and classic but with a slightly exotic twist. There's something in there that reminds me of the smell of sun screen -- I know, that's weird -- but in the best possible way. When I smell it, all I can think of is lying on the beach on the Riviera. Drinking champagne. Letting the nannies deal with the children (because, you know, one for each child). And only having my cocktail hour attire to attend to. Get it?  Yeah, it's that good.

There are two different sizes but I tend to go with the smaller one so I can stick it in my bag for use during the day and can travel with it without any hassle. And the glass bottle makes me feel all kinds of grown-up. Is that pathetic? Probably. But it's also true, so deal.

It's more expensive than the drugstore brands but it's not crazy "eat-ramen-noodles-for-a-week" stuff, and a little goes a long way. I've had my current bottle since August and I'm guessing I have another couple of weeks to go before I need to purchase another bottle. So once you break it down, it's around $12/month; not too shabby.

So there you go; I've shared one of my favorite beauty finds. But now I'm on the hunt for something new and would love suggestions: what's the best product for keeping your skin clear? I'm kind of done with these annoyingly-ever-present spots ... weren't they supposed to go away after I stopped binging on pizza and beer in college????

2 comments:

  1. Clarisonic. It's life changing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually just been looking at the Clarisonic Mia; so many people rave about it ... I'm just worried I'd flake out and forget to do it. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete