Sunday, September 14, 2014

White Pumpkins = Fall


White pumpkin love

I think pretty much everyone who lives in an area with seasons has their fall "tell"; that little something that signals the start of autumn. For some, it's the day that they can break out their new jacket. For others, it's the day the leaves start to turn and for one of my good friends, it's the day that her local coffee shop starts serving pumpkin spice lattes (although these days, most shops break that flavor out before Labor Day so I consider this a highly suspect "tell").

Pumpkins

And mine? Easy; it's the day that my local grocery store puts out barrels upon barrels of adorable white pumpkins. When I'm pulling in and I see them out there on the curb all bundled together like horribly-packed snowballs, I want to squeal with delight. But I don't *actually* squeal. Ok, maybe a little. But under my breath.

Anyway, I'm not sure where the obsession stems from -- my mother says it all goes back to my teenage obsession with Martha Stewart -- but regardless of how it began it has grown and now it takes effort not to buy out the store.

They make me happy. Very, very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment